Hi Oliver On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 18:06:58 +0100 Oliver Kiddle wrote: > On 31 Dec, ml_zsh-workers@henk.geekmail.org wrote: > > The vi-backward-kill-word widget does not seem to respect WORDCHARS: > > Is this a bug or intended? > > It is intended. vi-backward-kill-word works in a vi compatible manner Thank you. I found out that WORDCHARS actually comes from emacs. I thought it was zsh-specific. So it makes sense that these behave differently. > No. But you can just bind Ctrl-W to backward-kill-word: > > bindkey '^W' backward-kill-word I did that and a few other adjustments to the keybindings now to get the behaviour I want: ``` bindkey -M vicmd 'w' forward-word bindkey -M vicmd 'b' backward-word bindkey -M viins '^W' backward-kill-word # better word matching autoload -U select-word-style select-word-style normal # these characters do _not_ separate words but are part of words zstyle ':zle:*' word-chars '*?[]~;!#$%^(){}<>' ``` Now it seems to behave like I want it to. Cheers henk