Bart Schaefer schrieb am Wed 17. May, 15:45 (-0700): > On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 3:13 PM Jörg Sommer wrote: > > > > If the alias definition starts with a variable assignment, run-help fails, > > because it sees the variable assignment as command. Hence, skip all > > variable assignments and noglob|nocorrect thereafter. > > This may not be the right way to handle this. The same thing is > already being attempted in the block at > > (*) > if ((! didman++)) > then > > where you'll see > > # Discard the command itself & everything before it. > > so I would have expected the existing recursive call to cover it. If > recursion is NOT handling it, then maybe we need to pull that whole > thing up to before the original "whence" command? At least for me, the current code doesn't work: ``` % zsh -f zenbook% lsb_release -d Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) zenbook% echo $ZSH_VERSION 5.9 zenbook% alias LCC='LC_ALL=C'; alias T='LCC true' zenbook% run-help T No manual entry for T ``` > Either way, we already have > > (*( is an alias for (noglob|nocorrect))*) The patch eliminates this case, since the code to remove the variables also belongs there. > I repeat my earlier remarks about "reaching the point of diminishing > returns" with our attempts to turn run-help into a full command-line > parser. I see. That's a fair point. What would be a better attempt to support variables in aliases? -- Dein Gesicht wird dir geschenkt. Lächeln musst du selbst! (Inga Hermann)