zsh-workers
From: dana <dana@dana.is>
To: "Daniel Shahaf" <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name>
Cc: "Zsh hackers list" <zsh-workers@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: Posted zsh 5.9
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 16:43:54 -0500	[thread overview]

On Sun 15 May 2022, at 05:36, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> I don't understand the problem, since they'd _anyway_ have to get both
> archives if they want to have HTML/PDF/info docs in --HEAD builds

As far as i understand it, at least in principle:

Bottle builds require both source and documentation archives because the
shell itself is built from the source archive. In --HEAD builds the shell
is built from VCS, so they would have no need for the source archive if
not for the fact that some of the documentation happens to exist only
there and not in the documentation one

In practice i think they might be downloading one or both of the archives
*anyway* just because they're defined in the formula. I'll look into it
more and come back here if needed once i know what i'm talking about

---

Anyway, i have posted the release announcement to -announce now. It's
awaiting moderation

dana