zsh-workers
* Removing already completed items from future completions?
@ 2005-07-29 19:56 Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2005-07-29 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

It sure would be nice if a completer could be made to remove items that
had already been inserted into the command-line.  For instance, in the
completion for cvs: if I type "cvs commit <I>", and it mentions "foo"
and "bar", I'd sure love it if "cvs commit foo <I>" would just insert
"bar" (since "foo" would have been omitted from the list).

..wayne..

* Re: Removing already completed items from future completions?
@ 2005-07-29 22:08 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2005-07-29 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On 7/29/05, Wayne Davison <wayned@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> It sure would be nice if a completer could be made to remove items that
> had already been inserted into the command-line.  For instance, in the
> completion for cvs: if I type "cvs commit <I>", and it mentions "foo"
> and "bar", I'd sure love it if "cvs commit foo <I>" would just insert
> "bar" (since "foo" would have been omitted from the list).
>
> ..wayne..

have you tried this?
zstyle ':completion:*:cvs:*' ignore-line yes
at least i think that should be right, i have this commented out in my
.zshrc which i think works, but i found it annoying:
#zstyle ':completion:*:rm:*' ignore-line yes

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: Removing already completed items from future completions?
@ 2005-08-02 18:30   ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2005-08-02 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Magnusson; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 12:08:14AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> have you tried this?
> zstyle ':completion:*:cvs:*' ignore-line yes

FYI, I had to add the -COMMAND suffix to the "cvs" to get that to work.
E.g.:

zstyle ':completion:*:cvs-commit:*' ignore-line true

Thanks for the pointer,

@ 2005-08-03  0:28     ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2005-08-03  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On 8/2/05, Wayne Davison <wayned@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 12:08:14AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> > have you tried this?
> > zstyle ':completion:*:cvs:*' ignore-line yes
>
> FYI, I had to add the -COMMAND suffix to the "cvs" to get that to work.
> E.g.:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*:cvs-commit:*' ignore-line true
>
> Thanks for the pointer,

Ah, I tried to make it work after i replied, but couldn't :) Thanks.
If you want it to happen for all cvs commands, cvs-* seems to work
fine. (When i want to select many but not all files from a completion
i usually bring up the menu selecting thinger instead.)

--
Mikael Magnusson