zsh-workers
* history-incremental-pattern-search-backward matches all lines ending  with ]
@ 2009-11-28 10:10 Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2009-11-28 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

I can't reproduce this with zsh -f (yes, I did bindkey '^r'
history-incremental-pattern-search-backward first) but I have a
feeling I'll forget about this if I don't send the mail :).

% echo bar\]
bar]
% echo foo
% <ctrl-r>
bck-i-search: foo

This now shows the 'echo foo' line, but pressing ctrl-r again goes to
the 'echo bar\]' line.

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: history-incremental-pattern-search-backward matches all lines  ending with ]
@ 2009-11-29 11:20 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2009-11-29 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

2009/11/28 Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com>:
> I can't reproduce this with zsh -f (yes, I did bindkey '^r'
> history-incremental-pattern-search-backward first) but I have a
> feeling I'll forget about this if I don't send the mail :).
>
> % echo bar\]
> bar]
> % echo foo
> % <ctrl-r>
> bck-i-search: foo
>
> This now shows the 'echo foo' line, but pressing ctrl-r again goes to
> the 'echo bar\]' line.

Oops, this was due to an experiment I was doing with brace
highlighting, sorry for the noise. I added a shell hook in zrefresh
which is probably quite crazy, which ended up overwriting the static
variables used in the isearch pattern matching.

--
Mikael Magnusson