zsh-workers
* failure during attempted build of zsh 3.1.1
@ 1997-04-17 23:57 Larry W. Virden, x2487
From: Larry W. Virden, x2487 @ 1997-04-17 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

While trying to build zsh 3.1.1 on my Solaris 2.5.1 SPARC, I get this
error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/ldata2/gnu/zsh-3.1.1/Doc'
Updated `paths.yo'.
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
/bin/sh: yodl: not found
You do not have yodl, I use the precompiled manual
yodl -o zshall.1 -I/ldata2/gnu/zsh-3.1.1/Doc -w -DZSHALL zman.yo paths.yo zsh.yo
make[1]: yodl: Command not found
make[1]: *** [zshall.1] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ldata2/gnu/zsh-3.1.1/Doc'
make: *** [Doc] Error 2

I don't know what to do to resolve this problem.  I checked Etc/BUGS and
Etc/FAQ and see no reference to resolving this.
--
Larry W. Virden                 INET: lvirden@cas.org

* Re: failure during attempted build of zsh 3.1.1
@ 1997-04-18 16:02 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1997-04-18 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry W. Virden x2487; +Cc: zsh-workers

Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
>yodl -o zshall.1 -I/ldata2/gnu/zsh-3.1.1/Doc -w -DZSHALL zman.yo paths.yo zsh.yo
>make[1]: yodl: Command not found
>make[1]: *** [zshall.1] Error 127

It's fixed in the next release.  Until then, just comment out that
command in the Makefile.in.

-zefram