zsh-workers
From: Perette Barella <perette@barella.org>
To: Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@gmail.com>
Cc: zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: Re: zsh: corrupt history file
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:15:40 -0400	[thread overview]

I tracked down the export, removing it works.  Must have put that in the
.zshrc 5 years ago, when I first looked at it, before deciding it was
broken because the history kept getting corrupt.

Perhaps update the man page for $HISTFILE:

HISTFILE
     The file to save the history in when an interactive shell exits.  If
     unset, the history is not saved.

     Do not export this parameter, as doing so may cause other shells to
     corrupt the history file.

Thanks Roman,

Perette

--
Perette Barella • 176 Middlesex Road, Rochester NY 14610 • 585-317-3013
"Once we realize that imperfect understanding is the human condition