zsh-workers
* terminal parameter changed problem
@ 1998-02-02  3:53 Paul Lew
From: Paul Lew @ 1998-02-02  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Is there a fix for the terminal parameter changed problem?  Some of the
terminal parameters got turned off after executing some commands, in
particular, susp, dsusp, discard, quit, and lnext all got
reset to <undef>.  This virtually shut down the job control ability.

This has been reported before but I did not see a fix for it.
Contraray to what has been reported before, these commands do not have
to be backgrounded.

Right now I define the following alias to get by, but it was so
annyoing because I never know when will they changed.

stty-fix='stty susp "^z" dsusp "^y" discard "^o" quit "^\" lnext "^v"'

I am running zsh 3.0.5 on Digital UNIX 3.2c.

					-- Paul  02/01/98  10:45 PM --