zsh-workers
* zsh on u/win? - unix layer for NT by David Korn
@ 1998-06-25 18:15 Dave Yost
From: Dave Yost @ 1998-06-25 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/ says
"The U/WIN package provides a mechanism for building and running UNIX applications on Windows NT and Windows 95 with few, if any, changes necessary."
Like MKS and unlike OpenNT, it does everything in terms of .exe files, so you can run them from the shell.

U/WIN is available free.

Only problem is that zsh's ./configure crashes.  Has anyone else started to work on this?  If not, I'll ask David Korn to look at it.

Thanks

Dave Yost
http://web.Yost.com/

* Re: zsh on u/win? - unix layer for NT by David Korn
@ 1998-06-25 18:31 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1998-06-25 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Yost; +Cc: zsh-workers

Dave Yost wrote:
>Only problem is that zsh's ./configure crashes.

You'll have to be more specific than that if you want something to be
done about it.

-zefram

* Re: zsh on u/win? - unix layer for NT by David Korn
@ 1998-06-25 19:14   ` Dave Yost
From: Dave Yost @ 1998-06-25 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zefram; +Cc: zsh-workers

Zefram wrote:

> Dave Yost wrote:
> >Only problem is that zsh's ./configure crashes.
>
> You'll have to be more specific than that if you want something to be
> done about it.

Of course.  I thought first I'd find if anyone's working with u/win. Are you?

Here's what I get:

creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating Doc/Makefile
./config.status[150]: mkdir: : [No such file or directory]
creating Etc/Makefile
creating Src/Makefile
/dev/fd/11: /dev/fd/11: cannot open [Bad file descriptor]
./config.status: line 182: 321: Memory fault

u/win seems to get into a state where it can't find the current directory.Dave