zsh-workers
From: Cosmo <cosmo@informix.com>
To: Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Cc: zsh-workers@math.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: ideas: free-search-complete, noexpand
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 14:02:50 +0100	[thread overview]

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> Cosmo wrote:
>

> > Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe we should think about developing an easy to read syntax for
> > > completion control.
>

> I guess many of us would like to have a real DWIM, but...
>
> Doing something like that would require at least some serious parsing
> and some guessing (what's the difference between include-file,
> tape-file, and files; and for other commands the same words may have
> different meanings).

I'm not quite that lazy. Specifying /usr/include/*,
/dev/rst* wouldn't be too much of a trial.

> Also, some users may prefer to build their
> compctls according to the way they normaly use the commands
> (e.g. someone may use only few of the --options of some commands).

Then just specify the ones you use most. I wasn't thinking of tryingto parse the -help
output of a command or the man page description,
It just seemed an easier way to describe simple completion behaviour.

Cosmo