Op 11-11-17 om 12:45 schreef Peter Stephenson: > On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:37:17 -0800 > Bart Schaefer wrote: >> We could certainly suppress the error in emulation modes given that's >> what other shells do. Further, I'm not strongly invested in the current >> behavior even for native mode, but we should consider the ramifications. > > It's not clear if it matters in practice rather than theory, no. The > test failing is probably usually good enough. > > We could attach it to POSIXBUILTINS as that does control some aspects of > reutrn / exit behaviour, and [[ ... ]] behaves like a specially parsed > builtin. Something like this? Seems a bit wrong as this is not POSIX at all. Also, POSIXBUILTINS makes 'set -o' exit the shell on an invalid option, which is the opposite effect. But I can't find a better shell option either. - M.