zsh-workers
* Just to make sure I'm understanding it...
@ 2003-08-06 19:35 DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2003-08-06 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh

    Hi all :))

    I'm reading some zsh functions I have here, just for learning
some more of zsh. Heck, I *really* like this shell...

    Well, in function 'insert-files' there is a line, just at the
beginning, that reads 'files=( *(N) )', and I want to make sure I
understand it. Since it starts with a parenthesis, it is (AFAIK) a
candidate for filename generation. The asterisk seems to be the
pattern an the 'N' in the parentheses is a glob qualifier (namely the
'set NULL_GLOB for this pattern' qualifier). What I don't understand
is, why the spaces around the pattern and the qualifier?

    Am I missing anything else? Am I plainly wrong?

    Thanks a lot in advance. Really the power of zsh is far bigger
than I expected when I switched to it ;))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736