zsh-workers
* completion function help
@ 2008-09-19 20:43 Bismark
From: Bismark @ 2008-09-19 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I'm trying to right a command completion function and I'm stuck.  I've
been looking through examples and the documentation but having no luck.

What I'm looking for is for the parameters for an option to a command to
have a description. I've gotten the completion to work for the command
but when I complete the option I only get the values.

$ medusa -
option
-C  -- File containing combo entries. (see man page)
-H  -- Reads Target specifications from a file.
-P  -- Reads Passwords from a file.
-U  -- Reads Usernames from a file.
-e  -- Additional password checks
-h  -- Target hostname or IP address.
-p  -- Password.
-u  -- Username.

$ medusa -e
Additional password checks
n   ns  s

I would like it to display something like the following

$ medusa -e
Additional password checks
n       -- No Password
s       -- Username = Password
ns      -- No Password & Username = Password

What is the best way to go about doing this?

--
Bis