Peter Stephenson wrote: > On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 02:20:02 -0700 > Jon Strait wrote: > >> A few adjustments since last time, with documentation. >> >> No reset of the special variables is done on a match failure. >> > > Er, I can't remember what Phil said (I haven't been following this in any > detail), but the documentation now says variables aren't altered on a > failure, so presumably that is now incorrect. I don't think this is > crucial as long as it's documented correctly. > > Could you in any case send a documentation patch against the current source > and with lines wrapped to 80 columns? > > Thanks. > > No, I ended up keeping the original behavior: On match failure, none of the special variables are modified (reset). Here is the updated doc patch. Please let me know if anything I added isn't clear enough. Thanks.