zsh-workers
* hg vcs_info issue
@ 2012-02-13 15:29 foudil.newie
From: foudil.newie @ 2012-02-13 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi All,

it seems updates are not detected by vcs_info with:

zsh 4.3.15 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)
Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.9.3)
Fedora 16

my .zshrc contains:
autoload -Uz vcs_info
zstyle ':vcs_info:*' enable git cvs svn hg bzr
zstyle ':vcs_info:*' check-for-changes true

steps to reproduce:
1. enter a clean hg-controlled dir
2. modify a hg-controlled file
3. see $vcs_info_msg_0_ is still "(hg)-[default]-"

what I expect is  "(hg)-[default]U-" (note the "U" that indicates an update)

Cheers
Foudil

* Re: hg vcs_info issue
@ 2012-02-13 16:44 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2012-02-13 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: foudil.newie; +Cc: zsh-workers, Seth House

foudil.newie@bigfoot.com wrote:
> my .zshrc contains:
> autoload -Uz vcs_info
> zstyle ':vcs_info:*' enable git cvs svn hg bzr
> zstyle ':vcs_info:*' check-for-changes true

How are you calling `vcs_info'? And how do you add the information from
`$vcs_info_msg_0_' into your prompt?

If you do the following on the command-line, does that look better?

% vcs_info
% vcs_info_lastmsg

The first commands just calls the system to make sure everything is
updated. The second command displays all `$vcs_info_msg_N_' variables
that are configured along with their contents.

If that seems broken as well, do the following:

% functions -t VCS_INFO_detect_hg VCS_INFO_get_data_hg
% vcs_info |& gzip -9 -c > vcs_info_hg.txt.gz

...and make the `vcs_info_hg.txt.gz' file available.

Regards, Frank

(Cc:ing Seth, who did most of the recent work on the hg backend)

* Re: hg vcs_info issue
@ 2012-02-13 16:54 ` Seth House
From: Seth House @ 2012-02-13 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

 <foudil.newie <at> bigfoot.com> writes:

> my .zshrc contains:
> autoload -Uz vcs_info
> zstyle ':vcs_info:*' enable git cvs svn hg bzr
> zstyle ':vcs_info:*' check-for-changes true

In order for the hg backend to pick up local changes you also need to
have the `get-revision` option enabled. (There is a short note about
this in the manpage.)

The reason for this is the hg backend determines if there are
uncommitted changes by running the `hg id` and looking for the '+'
character.

* Re: hg vcs_info issue
@ 2012-02-13 20:42   ` foudil.newie
From: foudil.newie @ 2012-02-13 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

> In order for the hg backend to pick up local changes you also need to
> have the `get-revision` option enabled. (There is a short note about
> this in the manpage.)

Oops, missed that completely. I thought I've had it working without `get-revision` enabled.
I achieved the expected behavior by setting:

zstyle ':vcs_info:hg:*' get-revision true
zstyle ':vcs_info:hg:*' hgrevformat ""

Thank you.