zsh-workers
From: "Johan Ström" <johan@stromnet.se>
To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
Cc: Jun T <takimoto-j@kba.biglobe.ne.jp>,
	Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: 5.9 core dumps under zleentry->zleread->zlecore
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 09:39:13 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2022-06-04 05:32, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 3:03 AM Johan Ström <johan@stromnet.se> wrote:
>> The terminals (https://codeberg.org/dnkl/foot) where used a bit on one
>> day, then left idle for some days, then as soon as touching it (cannot
>> say for sure, up-arrow or enter or something), the zsh process crashed.
>> Other terminals with similar workload have remained alive, so it seems
>> to be a bit random.
> I would start looking for signals that your terminal (or wayland)
> might be sending.  E.g., if this happens to windows that were on
> different virtual desktops or that were partly or completely hidden
> behind other windows or that were minimized and then popped open, the
> shell may be getting a lot of SIGWINCH signals.
Hm, I had cases where terminals have been on the same virtual desktop,
with no re-arranging going on at the moment, or since last being used
(basically only resuming work in existing windows).
Not sure if SIGWINCH would be sent by just switching virtual desktop (sway).

> The other thing I notice is that the configure options in the arch
> linux package you used include enabling global startup scripts in
> /etc/zsh/, and explicitly enable sourcing /etc/profile.  Is there
> anything (else) in your /etc/zsh/ directory?
In /etc/zsh, only zprofile:
https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/blob/packages/zsh/trunk/zprofile
Which references this:
https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/blob/packages/filesystem/trunk/profile