zsh-workers
* Re: Brace Expansion
       [not found] ` <20077.1082729490@csr.com>
@ 2004-04-23 16:14   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2004-04-23 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: zsh-users

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:11:30 +0100,  wrote:

>zzapper wrote:
>> This must be an old zsh chestnut EXCEPT I couldn't Google a solution
>
>By the way, you might want to try the manual as well as Google.

Did try the manual, but as I was barking up the wrong tree, so it
didn't help!!

>BRACE EXPANSION

>     Note that brace expansion is not part of filename generation
>     (globbing);  an expression such as */{foo,bar} is split into
>     two separate words */foo and */bar before  filename  genera-
>     tion  takes  place.  In particular, note that this is liable
>     to produce a `no match' error if either of the  two  expres-
>     sions  does  not  match;  this  is  to  be  contrasted  with
>     */(foo|bar), which is treated as a single pattern but other-
>     wise has similar effects.

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-04-23 16:20 UTC | newest]