From: Aryn Starr <whereislelouch@icloud.com>
To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: [Feature Request] Adding option to support triple quotes
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 10:36:53 +0430

Adding an option to zsh to support triple quotes (TRIPLE_QUOTES) would make possible much more readable code.
We can have double triple quotes that support `$` interpolation, and triple single quotes that just take raw strings. If it’s possible, we can even make it customizable for the user to set the number of quotes needed to activate this mode; I don’t imagine any one is using 4 consecutive quotes in their current code.
These little conveniences go a long way to make zsh a stronger competitor to scripting languages like Python. zsh is optimized for filesystem and process programming, which necessates some compromises, but things like triple quotes can be introduced to the current syntax with no problem, I think.