zsh-workers
* ZSH segfault macOS using ALL_EXPORT
@ 2020-08-11 17:27 Michael Gauthier
From: Michael Gauthier @ 2020-08-11 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi all,

There’s a reproducible crash in zsh on macOS when using the ALL_EXPORT option. To reproduce:

1. Start zsh
2. Run set -a or set -o ALL_EXPORT
3. Press Cmd+V (this is paste on macOS)
4. Segfault

The crash happens in iTerm or in the default Terminal.

I have a fairly standard zsh installation using oh-my-zsh. The crash only seems to be triggered if the oh-my-ssh bootstrap script is included in the session profile.

Cheers,
Mike

* Re: ZSH segfault macOS using ALL_EXPORT
@ 2020-08-16 14:31 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-08-16 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauthier; +Cc: zsh-workers

Michael Gauthier wrote on Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:27 -0300:
> Hi all,
>
> There’s a reproducible crash in zsh on macOS when using the ALL_EXPORT option. To reproduce:
>
> 1. Start zsh
> 2. Run set -a or set -o ALL_EXPORT
> 3. Press Cmd+V (this is paste on macOS)
> 4. Segfault
>
> The crash happens in iTerm or in the default Terminal.
>
> I have a fairly standard zsh installation using oh-my-zsh. The crash only seems to be triggered if the oh-my-ssh bootstrap script is included in the session profile.

Thanks for the report.

What are the values of $ZSH_VERSION and $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL?  What's
a "session profile"?  By "oh-my-ssh" (sic) do you mean "oh-my-ssh" or
"oh-my-zsh"?  If the former, what's the URL?  If the latter, could you
narrow it down further?  Could you run 'zsh -x' (without further
arguments), reproduce the bug, and post the last few lines of output
before it dies?

Thanks,

Daniel

* Re: ZSH segfault macOS using ALL_EXPORT
@ 2020-08-17  2:03   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-08-17  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Shahaf; +Cc: Michael Gauthier, zsh-workers

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 7:32 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> > 1. Start zsh
> > 2. Run set -a or set -o ALL_EXPORT
> > 3. Press Cmd+V (this is paste on macOS)
> > 4. Segfault
> >
> > The crash happens in iTerm or in the default Terminal.
> >
> > I have a fairly standard zsh installation using oh-my-zsh. The crash only seems to be triggered if the oh-my-ssh bootstrap script is included in the session profile.

If this is happening on Cmd+V, it probably has something to do with
the setting of zle_bracketed_paste or a replacement or wrapper for the
bracketed-paste widget.

https://github.com/oh-my-ssh/zsh ??