zsh-workers
From: Greg Klanderman <gak@klanderman.net>
To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: Re: using trap function to cleanup and exit?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:30:08 -0400	[thread overview]

Is there an equivalent for exiting when using the trap builtin (list
traps)?  I don't completely understand the manual:

| a return from a list trap causes the surrounding context to return
| with the given status

I've tried both exit and return in a list trap, and am not seeing the
script exit.

Also, is exit intentionally disabled from within a trap function?
I didn't expect that, even with the special return handling.  So,
there is no way to exit 0 from a trap, since that is interpreted as
the signal having been handled, and wanting to continue executing?

With no traps of either type, should the child sleep remain after the
script is killed by a signal?

thank you,
Greg