zsh-workers
* wraparound broken
@ 1995-11-27 14:21 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1995-11-27 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

If a zle line continues onto the next screen line, and the last thing
on the previous line is a space, then attempting to cut and paste the
whole thing splits it into two lines.  This doesn't happen if the last
character before the wrap is not a space.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ifh.de>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330

* Re: wraparound broken
@ 1995-11-27 14:48 ` Bas V. de Bakker
From: Bas V. de Bakker @ 1995-11-27 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pws; +Cc: zsh-workers

Peter Stephenson <pws@hydra.ifh.de> writes:

> If a zle line continues onto the next screen line, and the last
> thing on the previous line is a space, then attempting to cut and
> paste the whole thing splits it into two lines.  This doesn't happen
> if the last character before the wrap is not a space.

Sounds like an xterm feature.  zsh will just get the return on its
input or not.  What should it do about it?  One could probably imagine
some fancy hackery where it tries to figure out whether this happened,
but I would classify this as too much code for a not very useful
feature.

Bas.

* Re: wraparound broken
@ 1995-11-27 14:54   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1995-11-27 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

bas@phys.uva.nl wrote:
> Peter Stephenson <pws@hydra.ifh.de> writes:
>
> > If a zle line continues onto the next screen line, and the last
> > thing on the previous line is a space, then attempting to cut and
> > paste the whole thing splits it into two lines.  This doesn't happen
> > if the last character before the wrap is not a space.
>
> Sounds like an xterm feature.

It doesn't happen in tcsh.  I would guess the refresh code is doing
something clever that makes it think it doesn't actually have to print
out the last space on the line since there's nothing visible left, or
something like that.