zsh-workers
* test (builtin) dumps core
@ 1996-08-15 22:42 Sam Falkner
From: Sam Falkner @ 1996-08-15 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

compiling and testing zsh 3.0.0, i think i might have found a real
coredump.

try this (don't ask me why! ;-):

% test zsh -gt 0

this pauses a bit, and then dumps core.  i haven't had any luck
looking at it with gdb; i think it might be overflowing the stack, but
i'm not sure.

if i put any other string there besides `zsh', i haven't been able to
reproduce.  zsh is magic?  who knows.  (and don't ask me why i did
this -- it's silly).

this is on solaris 2.5 (sparc).  let me know if i can provide any more
info, or run `reporter', or whatever.

- sam

* Re: test (builtin) dumps core
@ 1996-08-16  0:02 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-08-16  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Sam> try this (don't ask me why! ;-):

Sam> % test zsh -gt 0

Sam> this pauses a bit, and then dumps core.

It doesn't do anything on Linux 2.0.10/ELF libc 5.3.12.  OTOH, the
bindkey -v ... ESC ESC sequence does drop core for me.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: test (builtin) dumps core
@ 1996-08-16  0:42 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1996-08-16  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Falkner, zsh-workers

On Aug 15,  4:42pm, Sam Falkner wrote:
} Subject: test (builtin) dumps core
}
} try this (don't ask me why! ;-):
}
} % test zsh -gt 0
}
} this pauses a bit, and then dumps core.
} [...]
} if i put any other string there besides `zsh', i haven't been able to
} reproduce.  zsh is magic?  who knows.

The way the `test' builtin is written, this is (almost) the same as writing

	test $zsh -gt 0

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: