zsh-workers
* Re: Problems compiling on HPUX 10.20
@ 1996-10-16 12:29 gene
From: gene @ 1996-10-16 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoltan Hidvegi, Jan Martin, zsh-workers

Zoltan wrote regarding sed
> It's funny.  In HP-UX 9.05 sed works fine.  Perhaps they improved something
> in 10.20.  Could others confirm this sed problem on HP-UX 10.20?  Could you
> find exacly why does not it work?  Maybe there is a workaround.

I can confirm 10.20 sed appears broken. I can not offer a decent
work around as all I did was use the 9.05 version. After not finding
any patches hfor this, however, I did submit a bug to HP.

Gene
gene@bear.com

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.

* Re: Problems compiling on HPUX 10.20
@ 1996-10-16 10:48 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1996-10-16 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Martin; +Cc: Zsh workers list

Jan Martin wrote:
> It turns out that sed on 10.20 is broken, so makepro.sed fails for
> all the programs, and every *.pro file was empty.  Once I installed
> and used the GNU sed, it compiled and seems to be running OK.

It's funny.  In HP-UX 9.05 sed works fine.  Perhaps they improved something
in 10.20.  Could others confirm this sed problem on HP-UX 10.20?  Could you
find exacly why does not it work?  Maybe there is a workaround.

Thanks,

Zoltan

* Re: Problems compiling on HPUX 10.20
@ 1996-10-15 23:18 Jan Martin
From: Jan Martin @ 1996-10-15 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi all,

I found the problem with compiling zsh on HPUX-10.20.
The problem was lots of errors like:

cc: "builtin.c", line 344: error 1588: "strpcmp" undefined.
cc: "builtin.c", line 344: error 1588: "invstrpcmp" undefined.
cc: "builtin.c", line 962: error 1588: "freestr" undefined.

It turns out that sed on 10.20 is broken, so makepro.sed fails for
all the programs, and every *.pro file was empty.  Once I installed
and used the GNU sed, it compiled and seems to be running OK.

-jmm

 Jan M. Martin                  Jet Propulsion Laboratory
 jmm@herakles.jpl.nasa.gov      M/S 300-235