zsh-workers
* More on savehistfile crash
@ 1997-03-14 10:06 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1997-03-14 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

It appears that zsh dumps core when saving history when the terminal to
which the shell is connected goes away.  You can reproduce this by running
`xterm -ls` and using the window manager to kill the xterm window; it also
happens to me when I've rlogin'd from a remote machine and the network goes
down for long enough that the rlogin times out.

Probably the crash in savehistfile is a symptom of memory corruption that
is occurring somewhere else, but which is triggered by the loss of shin.
Anybody have any ideas?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-03-14 10:13 UTC | newest]