zsh-workers
From: marcok@tchibm3.chemie.uni-karlsruhe.de (Marco Kattannek)
To: wfp5p@tigger.itc.virginia.edu (Bill Pemberton)
Cc: zsh-workers@math.gatech.edu (zsh)
Subject: Re: zsh does not execute skripts on AIX?
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 18:55:28 +0200 (CES)	[thread overview]

According to Bill Pemberton:
> Marco Kattannek writes:
> >

> > In short: Remote terminal emulation started with the ssh and the zsh, can
> >           not execute a executable skript on AIX 3.2 by typing the name
> >           of the skript. Executing with ". skript" (DOT skript) works.
> >           Rlogin and zsh, or ssh and ksh works too. Executing the ksh
> >           (exec ksh) and then the zsh again (exec zsh), fixes the problem.
> >

> I don't see this problem here -- I'm using ssh and zsh on many
> versions of AIX (3.2.4, 3.2.5, 4.1.4, 4.1.5, 4.2, and 4.2.1).
It seems to be a very specific problem. When I make a remote login to
a IBM RS600 with ssh, I get this PROBLEM. I can use all our Computers
( IBM RS6000, HP735, HP770, HP780, Linux PC (PPro) ) and I get the same
result. When I directly login on a IBM, every thing works as it schould.
When I make a ssh to another, or the same IBM , I run into this problem.
And its only on IBMs, and only when ssh and zsh come together, and I haven't
used the "cycle trick". I have tested out a lot. but I can't find out what
goes wrong. I always get this message:
: 0402-026 The specified data is not a valid identifier.
I can use "ksh 1test" and it works, or "zsh 1test", it is only the "sh" that
does not execute the script when invoked from a zsh.
I looked at the Enviroment, if something changes befor and after the "cycle
trick", but I have found nothing.
Is there a way to find out WHAT the zsh passes to the "sh" to start a
shellscript???
I tried the same with a IBM using AIX 4.1, and -> it works .......
So it seems to be a problem with AIX 3.2.5 . Is there a patch we schould
install?

                                 Greetings             Marco

e-mail: marcok@tchibm3.chemie.uni-karlsruhe.de