zsh-workers
* zsh 3.0.4 with IRIX 6.2/IDO
@ 1997-07-11 21:12 Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-07-11 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I'd like to compile zsh without GCC (for various reasons), so I'm
using the SGI C compiler (IDO).  When configuring with GCC, the
compiler flags "-Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes -O2" are
chosen by default.  These flags aren't available for the IDO
obviously, but they must have been chosen for a reason.  Can anyone
who has experience with zsh and IRIX/IDO recommend any particular
compiler flags to use?  For now, I'm just going with "-O2".  Thanks.

BTW, compilation did yield one non-fatal warning I thought I'd bring
to your attention.  Otherwise, no problems.

        cc -c -I.. -I. -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 zle_tricky.c
cfe: Warning 709: zle_tricky.c, line 1553: Incompatible pointer type assignment
        cb.foreach = (int ((*) (void) )) match_username;

   Jason R. Mastaler                      jason@mastaler.com

(I'm only on zsh-users, so please CC: me on any replies to the list)