zsh-workers
* Bad behavior when piping/redirecting to "zsh -i"
@ 1998-05-24  5:17 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1998-05-24  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I think it's unpleasant that "zsh -i" goes out of its way to find and read
from /dev/tty.  At the very least, "zsh -si" should use the standard input
as it was told, and not go reopening the terminal.

This actually appears to be zle's fault, because if I explicitly shut off
zle with "zsh +Z -i" then I can shovel standard input at it all I like.  I
would think, though, that zle should depend on the input being a tty, and
not the other way around.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-05-24  5:20 UTC | newest]