zsh-workers
* zsh-3.1.x cdmatch problem
@ 1998-11-01 23:46 Paul Lew
From: Paul Lew @ 1998-11-01 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I am trying switch from 3.0.x to 3.1.x but one problem is really
bugged me: The completion after 'cd' command generated:

    zsh: bad math expression: unbalanced stack

This does not happen for 3.0.x, the function cdmatch is the one from
standard distribution:

(3)ezdzit lew Src>>> function cdmatch {
emulate -R zsh
setopt localoptions
local narg pref cdp
read -nc narg
read -Ac pref
cdp=(. $cdpath)
reply=(${^cdp}/${pref[$narg]%$2}*$2(-/DN^M:t))
return
}

If I get rid of the reply= line, the error message disappeared but
there is also no reply list for the completion.

Any idea what wrong here?  Thanks in advance.

* Re: zsh-3.1.x cdmatch problem
@ 1998-11-02  0:58 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1998-11-02  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Lew, zsh-workers

On Nov 1,  6:46pm, Paul Lew wrote:
} Subject: zsh-3.1.x cdmatch problem
}
} I am trying switch from 3.0.x to 3.1.x but one problem is really
} bugged me: The completion after 'cd' command generated:
}
}     zsh: bad math expression: unbalanced stack
}
} This does not happen for 3.0.x, the function cdmatch is the one from
} standard distribution:

The cdmatch function you quoted is not the one from the standard 3.1.[45]
distribution, but in any case I don't see this error for any completion
that I attempted (even after I fixed cdmatch2, see my other posting).

It would help if you told us:

(1) Exactly what `x' you mean when you say 3.1.x;
(2) A specific example completion that produces this result.

* Re: zsh-3.1.x cdmatch problem
@ 1998-11-02  2:06   ` Paul Lew
From: Paul Lew @ 1998-11-02  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Paul Lew, zsh-workers

    Bart> On Nov 1,  6:46pm, Paul Lew wrote:
    Bart> } Subject: zsh-3.1.x cdmatch problem
    Bart> }
    Bart> } I am trying switch from 3.0.x to 3.1.x but one problem is
    Bart> } really bugged me: The completion after 'cd' command
    Bart> } generated:
    Bart> }
    Bart> }     zsh: bad math expression: unbalanced stack
    Bart> }
    Bart> } This does not happen for 3.0.x, the function cdmatch is
    Bart> } the one from standard distribution:

    Bart> The cdmatch function you quoted is not the one from the
    Bart> standard 3.1.[45] distribution, but in any case I don't see
    Bart> this error for any completion that I attempted (even after I
    Bart> fixed cdmatch2, see my other posting).

This is the result of entering 'functions cdmatch', the comments were
removed.  The date of the file from zsh-3.1.5/Functions is:

(3)ezdzit lew Src>>> ls -l cdmatch
-rwxr-xr-x   1 lew      users        709 May 11  1997 cdmatch

(3)ezdzit lew Src>>> sum cdmatch
58242      1 cdmatch

Seems this file has not changed since May 11 1977.  Could you tell me
what you get when you enter 'functions cdmatch'?

    Bart> It would help if you told us:

    Bart> (1) Exactly what `x' you mean when you say 3.1.x;

Make it simple, 3.1.5 (with no patch applied).

    Bart> (2) A specific example completion that produces this result.

$ tar xf zsh-3.1.5.tar.gz
$ cd zsh-3.1.5/Src
$ cd <TAB>

My cdpath value is: (. .. /usr/users/lew), unsetting it make no
difference.

OS:       Digital UNIX 3.2c
Compiler: gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-dec-osf3.2/egcs-2.90.29/specs
gcc version egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release)