zsh-workers
* How to include ZSH modules in static version?
@ 1998-11-17 15:57 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1998-11-17 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

May be I missed something, but ...

I compiled 3.1.5 statically without dynamic loading support. It looks, like
some modules are missing - notably, I cannot find stat command any more.

What was wrong? Is it possible to explicitly say (a la apache) which modules
should be compiled in statically? Would be a nice addition.

thank you

/andrej

* Re: How to include ZSH modules in static version?
@ 1998-11-17 17:03 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1998-11-17 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 17,  6:57pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: How to include ZSH modules in static version?
}
} What was wrong? Is it possible to explicitly say (a la apache) which modules
} should be compiled in statically? Would be a nice addition.

Read the INSTALL file.  You need to add the module names you want to the
file Src/modules-bltin (why the missing vowels, someone?) in the build
tree (not the source tree, if the two trees are not the same).  If you
don't do this, the modules in Src/xmods.conf in the source tree are the
ones included by default (I don't think that's documented anywhere).

(Boy there are a lot of parens in that paragraph.)

There's a lot of information about modules buried in the Src/mk*.sh and
related files that probably ought to get moved to a file in Etc/ with a
more obvious name.

* RE: How to include ZSH modules in static version?
@ 1998-11-17 17:23   ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1998-11-17 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Read the INSTALL file.  You need to add the module names you want to the
> file Src/modules-bltin (why the missing vowels, someone?) in the build
> tree (not the source tree, if the two trees are not the same).  If you
> don't do this, the modules in Src/xmods.conf in the source tree are the
> ones included by default (I don't think that's documented anywhere).

Oops! RTFM ...

thank you. I actually was confused, that after compiling patched ZSH it got
no modules at all. Looks like modules-bltn simply was not updated.

thanks once more

@ 1998-11-18  8:48     ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1998-11-18  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

"Andrej Borsenkow" wrote:
> thank you. I actually was confused, that after compiling patched ZSH it got
> no modules at all. Looks like modules-bltn simply was not updated.

It's supposed to get removed by `make distclean', but for some reason
it isn't.  I hate debugging makefiles.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ibmth.df.unipi.it>       Tel: +39 050 844536
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/