zsh-workers
* change in automenu/autolist effects between 3.0.5 & 3.1.5
@ 1999-04-26  6:57 Samuel Krempp
From: Samuel Krempp @ 1999-04-26  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

first of all i can say Zsh is the shell i like the best.

But here is what i dislike :

- i had zsh v3.0.5. Then, if automenu and autolist were set, (and
not
menucomplete), having such a situation:
touch abcdef
touch abcwxyz,
when you hit TAB after
'ls ab' is typed,
you got at the _same time_ a list showing 'abcdef abcwxyz', AND
the
completion to 'abc'.

So i could immediately understand it was a good start, but i
needed to
complete the words.

- now i have zsh v3.1.5 on some machines of my lab.
In the same 'setopt' and file existence conditions,
'ls ab' + tab ONLY complete to abc. So i can believe that the
completion
is done, and the file actually exists, thus pressing OK, to
understand only then that there were not a unique completion, and abc was
just the start..

Well, i hate this behaviour, so:
- is there some new setopt option i didnt see to have it back as
before ?
- if not, will it be possible in versions to come to get the same
behaviour as before ?

Thanks, and keep working for the best shell..
-- Samuel Krempp

* Re: change in automenu/autolist effects between 3.0.5 & 3.1.5
@ 1999-04-26  7:27 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1999-04-26  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers, Samuel Krempp

Samuel Krempp wrote:
> - now i have zsh v3.1.5 on some machines of my lab.
> In the same 'setopt' and file existence conditions,
> 'ls ab' + tab ONLY complete to abc. So i can believe that the
> completion
> is done, and the file actually exists, thus pressing OK, to
> understand only then that there were not a unique completion, and abc was
> just the start..

You need to `unsetopt listambiguous' to get the old effect.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ibmth.df.unipi.it>       Tel: +39 050 844536
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/