zsh-workers
* XTerm WaitForMap resource
@ 1999-04-29  5:14 Greg Badros
From: Greg Badros @ 1999-04-29  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

It appears that Zsh-3.0.6 has fixed a bug I noticed in zsh-3.0.5 whereby
if the zsh exec'd before the xterm (nxterm in my case) mapped, it would
get confused:

echo "NXTerm*WaitForMap: false" | xrdb -merge
xterm -e zsh-3.0.5

The new xterm would come up with any of a number of errors when
executing some of the pipelines (involving awk, sed) in my .zshrc.

e.g.,

gawk: cmd. line:1: (FILENAME=- FNR=37) warning: error writing standard
output (Broken pipe)
/home/gjb/bin/share/path-remove-duplicates script failed; PATH may be
longer than needed
gawk: cmd. line:1: (FILENAME=- FNR=2) warning: error writing standard
output (Broken pipe)

I'm curious if anyone remembers fixing this problem and can explain what
was going wrong and what the fix was.

Thanks,
Greg

* Re: XTerm WaitForMap resource
@ 1999-04-29 15:30 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-04-29 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Badros, zsh-workers

On Apr 28, 10:14pm, Greg Badros wrote:
} Subject: XTerm WaitForMap resource
}
} It appears that Zsh-3.0.6 has fixed a bug I noticed in zsh-3.0.5 whereby
} if the zsh exec'd before the xterm (nxterm in my case) mapped, it would
} get confused:
}
} I'm curious if anyone remembers fixing this problem and can explain what
} was going wrong and what the fix was.

I'm pretty sure it's this one:

	* Src/exec.c: Patch readoutput() so the output of command
	substitutions isn't lost on an EINTR read error.

A SIGWINCH would be sent when the xterm mapped itself, and if a $(...)
happened to be running at that moment, the output would simply vanish.