zsh-workers
* Somewhere between modules-bltn and zmodload ....
@ 1999-04-30  7:12 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-04-30  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Maybe this is possible and I've just missed it.

Why is there no compile-time option equivalent to runtime "zmodload -a ..."?

I'd like to define a module that is not linked into the binary, and that
gets autoloaded if one of the builtins etc. it defines is referenced, but
that does not require that any rc-file execute any zmodload commands.

(Yes, this is the message forward-referenced in zsh-workers/6162.)

* Re: Somewhere between modules-bltn and zmodload ....
@ 1999-05-03  7:36 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-05-03  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> [ about xmods.conf ]
>
> I think the x is for "extension."  (But why isn't modules-bltn called
> "bmods.conf" or something?  Maybe we should clean all this up, too.)

Yes, I think we shoudl. I'm still sometimes guessing which file I have
to fiddle with to get what I want. (And I have to guess the name and
which vowels are there and which aren't...)

> Is is really the right behavior that zmodload go on and unload the rest
> of the conditions listed on the command line after one has failed?  Or
> should it stop when it gets to a failure?  I suppose the analogy is to
> "rm", but I was a bit surprised by it.

[It's the same for removing the other autoloaded things, btw.]

I think I like it this way, but then I have used this only when
hacking the module code.

Bye
 Sven

* Re: Somewhere between modules-bltn and zmodload ....
@ 1999-04-30 18:19 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-04-30 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Apr 30, 10:56am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Somewhere between modules-bltn and zmodload ....
}
} > Maybe this is possible and I've just missed it.
} >
} > Why is there no compile-time option equivalent to runtime "zmodload -a ..."?
}
} Just add it to xmods.conf.

Ah, OK ... and duh.

} (I don't understand this name, btw.)

I think the x is for "extension."  (But why isn't modules-bltn called
"bmods.conf" or something?  Maybe we should clean all this up, too.)

Here's another question:

zagzig% zmodload -ac
post after (compctl)
post between (compctl)
post suffix (compctl)
post prefix (compctl)
zagzig% zmodload -uc compctl after
zmodload: compctl: no such condition
zagzig% zmodload -ac
post between (compctl)
post suffix (compctl)
post prefix (compctl)
zagzig% zmodload -uc compctl between || echo Failed
zmodload: compctl: no such condition
Failed
zagzig% zmodload -ac
post suffix (compctl)
post prefix (compctl)

@ 1999-04-30  8:56 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-04-30  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Maybe this is possible and I've just missed it.
>
> Why is there no compile-time option equivalent to runtime "zmodload -a ..."?
>
> I'd like to define a module that is not linked into the binary, and that
> gets autoloaded if one of the builtins etc. it defines is referenced, but
> that does not require that any rc-file execute any zmodload commands.

Just add it to xmods.conf. (I don't understand this name, btw.)

Bye
 Sven