zsh-workers
* Problem with autoloading completion functions
@ 1999-06-24 16:57 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1999-06-24 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was afraid it happens sometimes ...

I had this 'autoload $^fpath/*(N:t)' in my .zshrc ... and all worked nice and
fine ... until I suddenly found that subscript does not work as expected.

bor@itsrm2:~%> zsh -f
itsrm2% bindkey -e
itsrm2% source /tools/share/zsh/functions/compinit
itsrm2% autoload $^fpath/*(N:t)
itsrm2% zmodload parameter
itsrm2% print $parameters[ksh<TAB>
beeps

Now, how many users do have the same in .zshrc? This autoloading was suggested
by some of Zsh docs (may be FAQ?) I agree, that it is nice trick - you can
simply get all functions at the *end* of .zshrc as I had it.

/andrej

* Re: Problem with autoloading completion functions
@ 1999-06-25  6:33 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-06-25  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I was afraid it happens sometimes ...
>
> I had this 'autoload $^fpath/*(N:t)' in my .zshrc ... and all worked nice and
> fine ... until I suddenly found that subscript does not work as expected.
>
> bor@itsrm2:~%> zsh -f
> itsrm2% bindkey -e
> itsrm2% source /tools/share/zsh/functions/compinit
> itsrm2% autoload $^fpath/*(N:t)
> itsrm2% zmodload parameter
> itsrm2% print $parameters[ksh<TAB>
> beeps

Err, is this with the _first file from the distribution? That was
mangled (and the _subscript file had a missing ").

Bye
 Sven