zsh-workers
* how to contribute
@ 1999-07-14 17:11 Dominik Vogt
From: Dominik Vogt @ 1999-07-14 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi folks,

I have written a zsh script that I'd be willing to contribute to
the good cause. It's some kind of universal phone database that
can store, query and print all kinds of user definable fields
and comments. The data is stored in the script itself, so if
you are on a platform where it does not run for some reason
(e.g. windows) you can still use it as a text file. The script
relief only on two external commands: sed and grep (something
should be hacked in configure to make the scipt cope with
different versions of sed that expect '\n' vs. a quoted
newline when replacing).

If someone is interested in the script I can post it. The
reson why I'm asking first it that the predefined fields
in the script are in German. I would translate it if needed.

(Please CC me, I'm not on the list.)

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany

* Re: how to contribute
@ 1999-07-15  8:17 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1999-07-15  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominik Vogt, Zsh hackers list

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> I have written a zsh script that I'd be willing to contribute to
> the good cause.

There's a collection of scripts at the zsh web site,
http://sunsite.auc.dk/zsh/, and we're always willing to add more.  If you
send it, we can add it.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ibmth.df.unipi.it>       Tel: +39 050 844536
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/

* Re: how to contribute
@ 1999-07-15 12:30   ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 1999-07-15 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> There's a collection of scripts at the zsh web site,
> http://sunsite.auc.dk/zsh/, and we're always willing to add more.  If you
> send it, we can add it.

I've just had a look through the pages and noticed a couple of broken
links:

On the contributed compctl's page, the link to Peter's compctls at
Swansea is broken. When 3.1.6 is released, it might be a good idea to
also add the 3.1.6 compctl-examples as I think it has had a few changes
(some of which could possibly go in 3.0.6 - I'll look into dong a patch
if that would be of use).

The comparison of UNIX shells on the Introduction page seems to be
broken. It warns that the connection may be refused but I get a 404
error so I suppose it isn't there anymore.

It would also be useful to add a link to the ssh workshop which someone
mentioned on this list a couple of months ago
(http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/workshops/zsh/toc.html).

Oliver Kiddle

* Re: how to contribute
@ 1999-07-15 12:50     ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1999-07-15 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> On the contributed compctl's page, the link to Peter's compctls at
> Swansea is broken.
>
> The comparison of UNIX shells on the Introduction page seems to be
> broken.
>
> It would also be useful to add a link to the ssh workshop which someone
> mentioned on this list a couple of months ago
> (http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/workshops/zsh/toc.html).

OK, I've fixed these.

> When 3.1.6 is released, it might be a good idea to
> also add the 3.1.6 compctl-examples as I think it has had a few changes
> (some of which could possibly go in 3.0.6 - I'll look into dong a patch
> if that would be of use).

Well, compctl isn't really the way to go for new users in 3.1.6.  But
there'll still be plenty of people using it.  It could do with something a
bit more ordered and commented, if anybody had any time.