Yes, I tried it but it's the same (same zprof output too). I tried to unplug the completer provided by _git for this context with: zstyle ':completion:*:*:git:ignored-other-files' _path_files but there must be something I missed with zstyle syntax, because it does not work (the part that matters is here: https://github.com/now/zsh/blob/git/Completion/Unix/Command/_git#L59). 2011/1/30 Frank Terbeck > Julien Nicoulaud wrote: > [...] > > It seems that the completion recurses under the whole repository, instead > of > > just displaying the first level files and directories. > > Did you try if Nikolai's updated _git from > improves the > situation? > > Regards, Frank > > -- > In protocol design, perfection has been reached not when there is > nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. > -- RFC 1925 >