On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote: > Perhaps a general solution would be that for *any* widget, not just a > completion one, it should be possible to name a "prototype" widget whose > behavior the new widget is intended to simulate or replace. > That seems like a great solution to me. The only other solution to this that I've thought of would be to follow the > example of the auto-suffix-remove and auto-suffix-retain widgets, that is, > have a special widget whose only effect is to have the side-effect of > enabling yank-pop on the next interaction: yank-pop-enable perhaps (is > yank-pop-disable ever needed?). > Something like that would work if done right. I tried something along those lines (it was named "yank-noop"), but hadn't worked out the right bits to make the flags stick around long enough before I changed direction. I like the prototype idiom best, though. ..wayne..