On 10/7/01 4:50 AM, "Zefram" wrote: > Chris Gehlker wrote: >> I'm a rank newbie but I got zsh 4.0.2 to build on Darwin1.4/Mac OSX 10.1 by >> commenting out two lines in the makefile that configure generated. The two >> lines were: >> >> # LIBLDFLAGS = -s >> # EXELDFLAGS = -s >> >> In the compilation section. > > configure goes to some effort to avoid using the -s flag where that > wouldn't work. Could you send us the complete output from the configure > script? I reran configure and piped the output to configure.out. I'm attaching that file. I hope this is what you want. If it isn't, just let me know. I doubt it's relevant, but I'm running Darwin on HFS+ which is case insensitive. >> Make install didn't seem to to be set up for Darwin so I installed the >> binaries and man pages by copping them over the zsh 3.0.8 equivalents which >> comes installed with Darwin. This was basically putting the binaries in /bin >> and the man pages in /usr/share/man/man1/ > > Are these locations the only thing that was wrong in the generated > Makefiles? If so, you can arrange for "make install" to do what you > want by invoking configure as > > ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --exec-prefix= > > -zefram That's really good to know. (And it was probably documented) I just forged ahead until I noticed that install was creating a bunch of new directories. I don't want to give the impression that install didn't work. It just put things in different directories than where the old zsh files were. Zsh would work when I pointed terminal at it. Of course man was still showing the version 3 files. I'm surprised that Apple is still including zsh 3.0.8 with their brand new Darwin 1.4 I hope this helps. Please write back if I can do any more testing. -- Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. -Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S (1809-1865)