Then I guess the best way is to keep the ML and have the ticket system interface with the ML in a bot-like fashion. Ill think about it and propose something next year... thanks! On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 2:08 PM dana wrote: > On 27 Jun 2018, at 04:28, Francisco de Zuviría Allende < > franciscodezuviria@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sometime next year (when I am not overworked and overassigned) I would > >like to host some infrastructure for the zsh project (ticketing, C.I., > >stuff like that), so I might as well start getting some insight on the > >dev process now. How does the patch you just submitted get integrated > >in the mainline? Did you also make a pull request? > > I just merged it directly since nobody objected. zsh doesn't use PRs for > most > changes, just the mailing list. (Oliver had set up a system where people > could > submit GitHub/GitLab PRs for completion functions, but i'm not sure how > often > it's used.) > > I'm a very minor player in this project so my opinion doesn't mean much, > but i > do think an issue tracker would be nice, if only as a place to catalogue > known > bugs. It's just that most of the people who do the really *heavy* work on > the > project prefer the ML. (See workers/37428, users/22326, workers/43054....) > Having a separate tracker going on the side seems like a possibility, but > it > raises a lot of maintenance/logistics questions. > > Does the ML just get subscribed the to the GH/GL project and linked that > way, or > do the tracker maintainers need to act as manual go-betweens? Will the > ML-preferring people want to keep track of both a sequence number and an > issue > number, or will again a tracker maintainer need to keep the two processes > synchronised manually? &c. > > I don't know, but it would need thought put into it, and several key people > would need to be invested. > > dana > >