On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote: } } If you can get a stack trace from the deadlocked zsh, that would be } helpful. I've tried to produce a stack trace on OS X with dtruss, but it slows down zsh too much and I am never able to reproduce the deadlock scenario. I have however managed to get a dump with strace on Gentoo (also here, I've applied the patch discussed earlier), see attachment. } } A stack trace from the SIGILL's zsh might also be helpful, but that is } less likely. I will see if I manage to do it, but even without a debugger, I have rarely seen this error.