Hi Oliver, 2017-02-21 18:23 GMT+01:00 Oliver Kiddle : > Julien Nicoulaud wrote: > > > > A while ago there was a compdef for adb in https://github.com/zsh- > > users/zsh-completions, but we deleted it as there was one in zsh: > > https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-completions/blob/ > > e70e7f8941d7437a161e3e4bb93f06e9c712c4a4/src/_adb > > > > I'm not sure which one is the better one, they probably need merging, but > > anyway the one in zsh-completions could complete adb push/pull. > > I hope this can be useful. > > A cursory glance at the adb completion in zsh would indicate that, while > there is plenty of scope for improvement, it is at least attempting to > complete files on the remote device for push/pull. Without the requisite > hardware, I can't test it and last time I touched that function I managed > to accidentally break it so I'm reluctant to change it. Does it not work > for you? > I can't test either, I don't have an Android device anymore. > > More generally, whether or not the function in zsh is better or worse, > it is the one that was contributed to zsh. Personally I'm wary of ever > picking up functions from github projects and merging their features, > especially where they have an explicit licence other than the zsh > licence. In this case it appears that you are the author of the old > function on github so you'd not have to worry. It might be possible to > use the _remote_files helper when completing the files. > Agreed, I just wanted to give a pointer in case it can be useful. If anyone wants to work on merging the compdefs the license is not a problem. > > Oliver > Julien