Hi everyone, ZSH_VERSION: 5.8 (Distribution, Devuan, still hasn't update) $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL: debian/5.8-6+deb11u1 default editor nvim version v0.4.4 Also tested with VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 terminal emulators/multiplexer: tmux, xfce4-terminal, st, and kitty(checked on all) .zshrc autoload -Uz edit-command-line zle -N edit-command-line bindkey -M vicmd v edit-command-line Created an anonymous function(see attachment ps_via_zsh) by entering edit-command-line which seems to work ok after exiting editor and hitting enter. But then(after adding code) started getting out of memory errors(see attachment out_of_memory). When I recall the anonymous function from history and execute, no error. Started commenting out lines and found that the issues stops with the line: CL=${(0A)$(/cmdline uses NULL as the separator. QUESTION: Bug, or am I doing something stupid? Or something with nvim and vim? Thanks for listening, Jim Murphy