Hi again, On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 6:23 PM Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 3:19 PM Jim wrote: > > > > While working on colors and prompts I noticed that gray and grey > > do not work in a prompt. But in the colors function it states: > > > > # This is inaccurate, but the prompt theme system needs it. > > Not the built-in prompt escapes, the prompt themes installable via > autoload prompinit > promptinit > prompt fade > (for example) > Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree ... Did some further testing with an actual prompt adam2 (alt_02 is some prep work for adding vcs_info -- tested on just adam2 with the same results). When I tried to get "grey" or "gray" the color defaulted back to the terminal default(in my case green). Yet using numbers 7 & 8 output as would be expected(check user@host). I guess the next questions is, does it only work with fade? You used the example of prompt fade, but I tried bigfade with args as described in the function. Having a hard time seeing grey, but maybe that has something to do with my virtual terminal or brightness setting. I included the results of my testing in two .png files. Is there any consideration of adding bright- to prompts? Just curious. As you can see, bright-color also defaults to terminal default(green). Using numbers works for me. If I misunderstood, sorry for the noise. Regards, Jim