On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 11:31 PM Matthew Martin wrote: > On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 08:02:06PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote: > > Here are the three current choices --- not quite final, but definitely > > getting there. Looks like variant 3 is our favourite at the moment. > > The rest of this may be too nit picky. > FWIW if not to be to nit picky myself, why '%'? Historically '%' was the default csh prompt. Whereas '$' was the Bourne shell default for users. '>' was the default secondary prompt(not just a dos prompt). Zsh is more Bourne then csh. In reality prompt can be set to almost anything. I also feel that there should be a break between the right vertical bar and the "H". If 'Z' and 'H'(V3) are going to be rounded shouldn't 'S' be rounded too? As far as the overall design, very nice. Nice work. Just my $0.02, Jim