It sounds good, but *a* applies to indexes, not keys, and those aren't the same thing. Mind, I think that it would be good if, at least for purposes of expansion flags, indexes and keys *were* unified, so e.g. *k* on a regular array would return an array of indexes, and *kv* would interleave indexes with values (like Python enumerate), etc. But that's not the case today. On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 11:45 PM Eric Cook wrote: > On 1/19/24 14:18, Bart Schaefer wrote: > > I was just looking at this in the manual -- > > > > a > > Sort in array index order; when combined with 'O' sort in reverse > > array index order. Note that 'a' is therefore equivalent to the > > default but 'Oa' is useful for obtaining an array's elements in > > reverse order. > > > > Like (o), (a) applies after the param is turned into an ordinary > > array, so "equivalent to the default" kind of gets us off the hook, > > but this would be the obvious place to attach sorting the associative > > array by key rather than by raw hash traversal. > > > > Sounds like a good idea to me. > > -- Mark J. Reed