zsh-workers
* Bug with helm command
@ 2019-06-06 12:05 ` Pedro Geadas
From: Pedro Geadas @ 2019-06-06 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi.

I found this bug the other day and I managed to reproduced both in
Linux-Manjaro last version and last version of MacOS.

Using helm, when trying to access an array *"--set-string
array[0].image.tag=test"*, I get this error:
*"zsh: no matches found: --set-string array[0].image.tag=test"* but
if I run the same command from bash, it works as expected.

Full command used:
*"zsh -f helm upgrade -i --namespace dev -f values.yaml --set-string
array[0].image.tag=test deployment ."*

I cannot provide more details from my configuration files, but just running
the command above with helm installed should show you the problem. From
bash, if you don't have the correct files when you try to run the command,
you should see: *"Error: open values.yaml: no such file or directory"*
instead of the error that I'm currently seeing.

Thanks

* Re: Bug with helm command
@ 2019-06-07  8:39   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2019-06-07  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Geadas, zsh-workers

On Thu, 2019-06-06 at 14:05 +0200, Pedro Geadas wrote:
> Using helm, when trying to access an array *"--set-string
> array[0].image.tag=test"*, I get this error:
> *"zsh: no matches found: --set-string array[0].image.tag=test"* but
> if I run the same command from bash, it works as expected.

This is normal zsh behaviour --- it does not behave like bash in many
ways by default.

In this case, the default is to report an error if you use pattern
matching characters but no pattern matched.  The obvious change is
to add

setopt nonomatch

to your ~/.zshrc.  See the manual for more information: possibly the
most useful section is near the top of FILENAME GENERATION in the
zshexpn manual. although you can see a full list of options in the
zshoptions manual.  There's a slightly friendlier discussion of that and
related options in the online user guide, somewhere aroun

http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Guide/zshguide02.html#l15

pws