On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote: > Benjamin R. Haskell wrote on Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 11:07:12 -0500: > > What's an example situation? "The change will appear after version X.Y" > > and "The bug was fixed after version X.Y" both seem reasonable to me for > > situations that need a description in natural language. > > > > In zsh-syntax-highlighting, when I make a bugfix that depends on > a bugfix in zsh, in the ticket I'd like to say "The fix requires > zsh 5.1.2 or newer". "The fix requires zsh newer than 5.1.2" > For something automated (e.g. `is-at-least X.Y.Z`), you can just assume it > > will be a patch release, since the version increment will be at least as > > much as a patch release. Even if no release ever exists with that > specific > > version, the next release will still compare as greater. > > > > Sure. But for natural language it might be confusing to refer people to > "5.1.2 and newer" when there's no zsh-5.1.2.tar.gz available for > download... Agreed, so for natural language, I think the correct approach is to avoid trying to specify a future version. Just use "newer than x.y.z" -- Best, Ben