zsh-workers
* RFE: Migration zsh git repo to github or gitlab
@ 2020-07-21 19:06 Tomasz Kłoczko
From: Tomasz Kłoczko @ 2020-07-21 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Is it possible to migrate zsh git repo to github or gitlab?
Sf web frontend is recently so slow and it does not allow to download exact
git commit over https://

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: *http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH <http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH>*

* Re: RFE: Migration zsh git repo to github or gitlab
@ 2020-07-21 19:39 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2020-07-21 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomasz Kłoczko; +Cc: zsh-workers

There are already mirrors on github, for example
https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh

@ 2020-07-21 20:06   ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-07-21 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Magnusson; +Cc: Tomasz Kłoczko, zsh-workers

And gitlab https://gitlab.com/zsh-org/zsh

@ 2020-07-21 20:08   ` Tomasz Kłoczko
From: Tomasz Kłoczko @ 2020-07-21 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Magnusson; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 20:39, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are already mirrors on github, for example
> https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh

Thx for the update. It would be nice to add that info to zsh web page :)

What about make that repo as not only mirror but main on and enable
submitting issue tickets?

kloczek
--

@ 2020-07-22  5:57     ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-07-22  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomasz Kłoczko, Mikael Magnusson; +Cc: zsh-workers

Tomasz Kłoczko wrote on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 20:08 +00:00:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 20:39, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There are already mirrors on github, for example
> > https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh
>

> Thx for the update. It would be nice to add that info to zsh web page :)

Agreed.

> What about make that repo as not only mirror but main on and enable
> submitting issue tickets?

You're coupling two independent matters: where the issue tracker lives
has nothing to do with which repository is the "main" one.  Also, you
haven't actually mentioned what purpose you think enabling github issues
would achieve.

In any case:

I don't see a reason to move the "main" repository.  Such a move
wouldn't affect anyone who doesn't have push access, other than the
mirrors' admins.

I am sceptical about enabling submitting github issues from the public.
Fewer people triage pull requests than triage emailed patches.  That
being the case, I am concerned that enabling issues would basically
leave them for Oliver and me to handle, which would be a poor way to
divide the overall maintenance workload.

The question of a bug tracker was discussed a number of times before.
The conclusion was that we'd like something that integrates with our
existing workflow.