OK, thank you for the pointers. Cheers, 2016-01-29 11:01 GMT-02:00 Peter Stephenson : > On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 10:35:43 -0200 > Silvio Ricardo Cordeiro wrote: > > For killall & rake, I get "testing" as a suggestion, as I expected. For > > the others, nothing happens (they continue trying to complete with > > filenames, the default behavior). > > You're missing the point of the "command" style. Read the docmentation > in Standard Styles in zshcompsys in more detail. As a summary: > > For some commands, as part of the way the completion system gathers > information to complete, it needs to run the command named. In the case > of killall and rake, it does so to find out what processes killall knows > about or what targets rake knows about. So if you tell it to run a > different command here it will do so. > > For the vast majority of completion contexts, it doesn't need to do > this. It makes up the completion based on what it's been told the > context is. It doesn't run an external command for this. > > I think what you're trying to do is add completion for a new context (a > specific command) or modify an existing one. The "command" style has > got nothing at all to do with this. Instead, you need to start much > deeper in the documentation and learn about how to add new completions > or modify exsting ones. > > Oliver's chapters in the book, www.bash2zsh.com, are a good starting > point. > > Otherwise, have a glance through > > http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Guide/zshguide06.html#l144 > > and in particular section 6.9. > > pws > -- Silvio Ricardo Cordeiro