Hello zsh Team, These are my specs; Slackware 14.1 x86_64 xorg-server-1.14.3 Nvidia GTX660M - nvidia drivers 331.67 zsh-5.0.2 rxvt-unicode-9.20 xterm-297 I'm using this option to have a live clock in my ~/.zshrc TMOUT=1 TRAPALRM() { zle reset-prompt } In URxvt it constantly flashes, in xterm it flashes on and off more randomly, and I also noticed in xterm the entire directory appears to get brighter as well as flashing. So as example, 'cd /etc/' then tap tab to see the directory, try this in a directory with a small amount of directories, or open the term full screen to see a huge directory, but play with it, and at that point the terminal starts flashing. I have not been able to find a fix for this, the only temporary solution is to increase the time, as an example below; TMOUT=10 Then it's not so noticeable, around every 10 seconds you see a flash, but this is also not good because when the time changes, the terminal will not change till 10 seconds later, there's a lag doing this. I hope the zsh team can fix this problem, and if you need my help please contact me. I'm attaching a copy of my ~/.zshrc and I created a short video called, zsh_flicker.m4v that you can download from my dropbox; https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0gmkpbxp8f42u3/zsh_flicker.m4v If you look carefully you will see the directory flashing every second. Thank you much for your time and help in this matter. Mii Bolen