Yes, but rather than speaking in the abstract, let's be concrete. Using the URL Peter posted, this is fairly impenetrable for me (and perhaps most users): [image: image.png] in particular, tracking from the right edge, skipping a line, and jumping to the left edge is a fairly low probability event. Also, my eyes have difficulty tracking in the middle of most lines. Using a reader makes a big difference (at the cost of some real estate): [image: image.png] The original proposal was to put some CSS limitations in place, so the standard mode looked more like reader mode; I seem to be one of the few respondents in favor of this proposal. Regards, Vin On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 4:30 PM Clinton Bunch wrote: > > On 3/10/2022 3:12 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote: > > On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, at 12:17 PM, Clinton Bunch wrote: > >> A web page should mostly be left in the hands of the user > > A nice thought, but in practice the vast majority of users only > > ever see the defaults chosen by the website author. > But some don't, like people who prefer dark backgrounds or need a 15pt > font to read. Browsers have customizable defaults for a reason. > Overriding those should require a reason other than it's what I like. > > > >> We are Unix people, a platform built on flexibility. You have created > >> one of the most flexible shells in existence. (Which is why I've used > >> it for 25+ years) The website should reflect that flexibility. > > I do not think projecting the sensibilities of an operating system > > onto a website is a recipe for making a good website. > > Flexibility is a key and often overlooked aspect to a website. People > have different width screens, so setting things in pixel (or character) > widths can make a web page look like crap. It's quite frustrating when > a website says "Best viewed at 1024x768" or some such. > > What fancy design do you see the Zsh Website needing? Drop down menus? > Floating ads? The fanciest thing I can see us needing is a side bar > with a width set in ems. We don't need to control every aspect of the > user experience to get our message out there. > > >